Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy Online Course
The first online course on Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy for physiatrists, organized by the UEMS PRM Board in collaboration with the ESWT SISC of ESPRM started ed in October 2017. The aim of the course was and still is to provide the theoretical knowledge necessary for the safe and effective use of Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy.
The course is accredited by EACCME with 24 European CME credits (ECMEC®).
Opening date: 1st December 2018
Duration: 4 months
The European College of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine, with the scientific support of the ESWT SISC
of The European PRM Society (ESPRM).
The course comprises five modules, including interactive lessons, webinars, journal club sessions, online workshops, assessments and will lead to a certificate of theoretical competency in shock wave therapy. The online theoretical course have been complemented by practical training at the shockwave workshop of the ESPRM 2018 Congress in Vilnius [subject to the registration policy of the Congress].
Two PRM trainees from each country were accepted for free at the first ESWT online course. www.euro-prm.org (registration is free for PRM trainees).
1. Introduction: History, Physics & Technology, Biological Effects
2. Principles of SW application: Indications, Contraindications & Side Effects, US-guided ESWT.
3. Upper Limb applications: Shoulder, Elbow
4. Lower Limb applications: Hip & knee, Ankle & foot
5. Special applications: Spasticity, Myofascial pain syndrome, Bone healing, Wound healing.
6. Final Assessment for the theoretical competency in ESWT.
7. Demonstration & Hands-on session: Vilnius ESPRM shock wave workshop. This module is optional and subject to the registration policy of the 2018 ESPRM Congress.