Aims & Goals
The ESPRM aims are:
- To be the leading scientific European Society for physicians in the field of physical and rehabilitation medicine
- To improve the knowledge of fundamentals and the management of activities, participation and contextual factors of people with a disability.
- To improve and maintain a strong connection between research and clinical practice in PRM
- To facilitate international exchange regarding different aspects of rehabilitation research, including disseminating information about rehabilitation related funding, multicenter trials, national and European projects, meetings and congresses.
- To provide means to facilitate research activities and communications at the European level.
- To organize a biannual European Congress of PRM, and many other Meetings on different specific Topics, involving experts and researchers from different competences (other Societies not only Medical).
- To promote definition of Guidelines.
- To provide information to local, national and European governments about the contents, aims and evidence based efficacy of PRM.
- To influence national governments and European organizations to support initiatives and co-operation in the fields of research in PRM in a close co-operation with the UEMS, the European Board of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine, the Académie de Médecine Physique et de Réadaptation,and the Mediterranean Forum of PRM